GOswim Swimming Lessons for Children
At Yawa we are proud to deliver the innovative GOswim program to our students and families.
Powered by Swimming Australia, GOswim focuses on contemporary, experiential, activity based learning as a fun and engaging way for kids to learn to swim and be safe around water. GOswim swimming lessons empower students to think, discuss and decide whilst having fun in and around water.
Learn to Swim Membership
|Administration Fee||$20.00 (once off)|
|Learn to Swim Membership||$20.10 per week|
The curriculum covers seven areas of learning. These areas are combined and presented as activities to enhance student development.
The key learning areas are:
- Entries and exits
- Floating and sculling
- Movement, propulsion and stroke development
- Personal survival
- Underwater skills
- Rescue and emergency
- Water safety knowledge
Aquatic Pathways to GOswim Academy
GOswim Academy is designed to encourage continued participation in aquatic activity through competitive and recreational/lap swimming.
The curriculum for the program builds on the core and foundation elements in the GOswim program, as each skill is broken down into segmented and achievable components that streamline and refine technique and enhance the development of efficiency and endurance.
Students Gain Access To:
Enjoy weekly swimming lessons throughout the year for 48 weeks.
Easy and Affordable Payments
With weekly payments, swimming lessons are more affordable and can be easily managed with our direct debit system.
Preventing the need to re-enrol each term and offering you a preferred lesson time.
Active World App
Communicate and stay in touch with your child’s progression via the Active World App.
Four Weeks FREE
Enjoy free family swim access for four weeks over summer period.
Plus, One Week Holiday Swim Program
One week Holiday Swim Program
Download the Active World App
The GOswim program is fully integrated into Active World's App to enhance parent communication with the Yawa swim school team.
Features of the app include:
- Parents identifying and tracking students’ progress through our clearly defined pathway.
- Availability of digital encouragement awards as students’ progress through each stage and element of the program
- Parents gain access to online information enhancing their knowledge and understanding of the curriculum, learning activities, learning outcomes and other assessment criteria.
- Parents gain awareness of student application of knowledge, skill and understanding of swimming and water safety.